Thursday, October 3, 2013
Caramel Apples
We made caramel apples today. We have limited options because of a nut allergy (nuts, chopped candy bars, white chocolate, etc.). I should have looked at the label of the graham crackers before bringing them home. Apparently, they also may contain trace amounts of peanuts. Camden still really wanted to dip one in some graham cracker crumbs after the caramel, so we just had to make sure Ciera didn't have any of that one. I love caramel apples!
I saw this idea posted on the internet and thought I would try it. It said it was an easier way to make and eat caramel apples. You just cut the apple in half, hollow out part of it, then fill it with caramel. They used a muffin tin to balance their apples when pouring the caramel in, but mine happened to lay straight for me. Maybe it was just the caramel I made, but the juice from the apple made it hard not to take all the caramel off on the first bite. I prefer making them the regular way and am glad I only made one of them this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm glad you tried that for me. I wanted to buy now I don't have to :). We made caramel apples just as dip the other day. Not as fun but still delicious!
ReplyDelete