Every year for Easter week we have a little lesson and a story or activity each day to help us learn what happened the last week of Christ's life. This year for Palm Sunday I thought we would have a short lesson and just read one of the stories suggested in the book A Christ-Centered Easter: Day-by-Day Activities to Celebrate Easter Week for our activity. We usually get most of our ideas for each day from that book. Well, last night Camden asked why we didn't make palm leaves like we did last year. He was very heartbroken. I told him we could make them for part of our FHE on Monday in addition to our lesson on Christ cleansing the temple. That helped placate him. I didn't realize he enjoyed making those so much. Last year he seemed quite apathetic about it when we made them.
I don't think palm leaves are intended for sword play, but they had fun. Hopefully the message got across too.

No comments:
Post a Comment