Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Timpanogos Cave

This was our third try to get advance tickets for a cave tour.  We knew they often sell out and wanted to get some before driving up there.  The first two times I only called a few days in advance, plus I was trying for a Saturday morning time.  This time I called two weeks in advance for a weekday (probably didn't need to do it that far in advance), but we were finally able to get some.  Camden did really well on the 1 1/2 mile hike up, especially with how steep it was most of the way.  Ciera got to ride in the hiking carrier again.  Once we were close to the top, she really wanted to get out and do some hiking herself.  Camden was very talkative with the tour guide.  He asked him questions, told him stories, and of course talked to him about Star Wars.  He was also apprehensive about being in a cave in case there happened to be an earthquake.  I was surprised to learn from the tour guide that it is actually safer to be underground in a cave during an earthquake than to be outside on the ground.  Ciera had a hard time in the cave, because we wouldn't let her touch or climb any of the rocks or formations.  Once we finished the tour, it had started to rain.  We got to hike back down in the middle of a thunderstorm.  At one point, Ciera kept making comments like, "I need umbrella.  Where is it?  Where did it go?"  Overall, it was a fun adventure for us.




Waiting at the top for the tour to start





The "heart" of Timanogos

1 comment:

  1. We were going to do that this week! Good to know that I better plan a little more in advance.

    ReplyDelete